7.17.2007

Almost Like New

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday and I’m almost done with the whole healing process. He told me I could begin being more active, but couldn’t do anything strenuous or lift anything heavy. Nor could I bend over. (That one is still weird to me.)


That is good and bad news as we have a campaign group arriving today from Alaska. It is good that I can drive them places and hang out with them, but bad that I can’t really be involved in the work part of it. And though I can speak more, my throat still gets sore after talking. And the leader of the group is my old friend Bruce. (We were AIMers together in Portugal over 15 years ago.) I’m sure there will be many stories that will need to be relived. Thankfully, Kim is on top of things as she’s done most of the prep work while I’ve been laid up the past two weeks. (I nominate Kim for mom and wife and missionary of the year. She’s been incredible.)

I can’t remember if I mentioned this in the comment section of the last post, but the original surgery went well (2 weeks ago). But last Monday I started coughing up blood and they ended up having to go back in and redo some stitches as well as cauterize a vein. Fun stuff.

Funny Side Note:
When we went to the doctor’s office yesterday, we parked in the parking garage and took the elevator two flights up. (Mom, if you’re reading this… go ahead and turn away now.) When we got in the elevator and the doors closed Kim was feeling silly, and lunged at me as if we were going to make out in the elevator. However, there was someone trying to catch the elevator that we were unaware of and he hit the button to open the door and ride up with us. Kim was in mid-lunge as the doors suddenly opened. PRICELESS! Kim could not stop laughing and apologizing to the guy who couldn’t stop giggling to himself and looking away.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

You shoul've just made out in the elevator in front of the guy. He would've thought you were overzealous foreigners trying to blend in with the culture!

The Gearharts said...

Can you make out with healing tonsils ... is that strenuous?? Either way I'm with Kristi... give'em something to talk about. Glad to see you in the land of the living!!

Jeff

TREY MORGAN said...

Blessings this week. Get well. Enjoy Bruce and the visit.

Our time together in Mexico City was so wonderful. Then we ran in to Cory and Toni at a Mexico truck stop. That even made it better.

blessings

Daniel said...

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Have a good campaign week.

Timbra said...

well, i was going to leave a less appropriate comment than kristi, but i dont want to be the black sheep, so maybe i'll just email you. . . or is it better to keep these things to myself?

Kristi said...

"Less appropiate than Kristi"...Thanks alot Timbra; make me look bad!!
I'm glad my friend's look past my faults!

Kim said...

hey tim!!

i bet the crab and the lobster wouldn't have felt ashamed about the making out. i agree with kristi, i say everyone else does it there.. so why not? if you can't beat them join them.

i feel as if you should have asked for an explanation about the "no bending over" thing. i am intrigued.

tell bruce and amanda hi for me if they are still there.

kim's hair is awesome long. tell her hi also. and also ask her how i can get my husband to nominate me for the wife/mom of the year ;)