7.30.2008

Random Blog

I haven’t blogged in awhile, so thought I’d do a random post.

First, Kim and kids got back last Thursday. OOOH, how good it is to have them home. I went through culture shock the first few days… these kids are LOUD! … but totally worth it to have them home again. I’m reminded that I’m more than blessed by such a wonderful wife and three great kids.

I’m reading Blue Like Jazz. I’m probably the last minister to read it. And I am enjoying it, even though it has a quirky style. Does anyone else think it’s odd that the cover is purple instead of blue? (I’m also reading Sacred Rhythms which is an absolute favorite of Kim’s.)

Did you know that Lorena Ochoa is from Guadalajara? (Do you know who Lorena Ochoa is?)

I saw Batman last week before the family got back. I loved the first hour and a half. Sadly, its two and a half hours long.

Anyone watching Pushing Daisies? Kim and I love that show.

Last thing… when I was at the Cardinal game a few months back with dad and Dusty, we noticed something funny about the music they played before each batter stepped to the plate. The batters (for the home team) get to pick whatever song they want to be played, I’m assuming for motivational purposes, as they approach the batter’s box. One guy, Barton, who looks like Crab Man, had a love song played which sounded like Barry White. It was really an odd choice.

But it got Dusty and I to thinking… what if preachers did the same? So what music would your preacher approach the pulpit to? And why haven’t we started doing this?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I followed Kim's trip on her sister's blog ... looked like they had a very exciting time. I'm glad that you have them home with you.

I read Blue Like Jazz but have already forgotten a lot of it ... I think I liked it though.

I do not know who Lorena Ochoa is but I like that she's from Guadalajara.

I haven't seen Batman yet ... and I don't know what Pushing Daisies is.

I gave my preacher three choices and he did not like any of the songs that I chose ... so you choose ... what would you pick for him?

What song would you play for you Tim?

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea Tim I don't know why we haven't started this within the brotherhood:) I think your Dad should Start this idea at the workshop:) He could make any song sound great while walking to the pulpit:)

Missy:)

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea Tim I don't know why we haven't started this within the brotherhood:) I think your Dad should Start this idea at the workshop:) He could make any song sound great while walking to the pulpit:)

Missy:)

DJT said...

Lorena Ochoa is a tremendous golfer. I am jealous of her skills.

I love the idea of the song before the sermon. I think at Memorial we should play the beginning of "Ironman" before your Dad preaches!!

Anonymous said...

Reflecting on the sermon I preached last night, "Turn out the lights, that party's over"

Sarah said...

I LOVE Pushing Daisies! It is one of my favorites and I am anxious for season two!

tim rush said...

I think Rex's music should be the theme from Top Gun. Can you imagine the whole humming it as he makes his way to the front.

I can't nail anything down for dad, but I'm leaning to either Johnny Cash or Neil Diamond for inspiration.