4.01.2007

So it's been a while.

I got back from Tulsa on Tuesday. What a fun trip! The singing at Memorial on Wednesday was the best I’ve heard in recent memory. …just to be topped by the singing at AIM-a-palooza on Friday night.

The classes were great. So fun to hear what God is doing in his church all around the globe. And the fellowship was a once-in-a-lifetime treat. So many friends, so little time.

And then there’s family! Even my grandma was there. I hadn’t seen her in 3 years.

I even got to golf. I’m horrible and only golf for social reasons. But it was great spending 3 hours chasing my stray tee shots with Dad, Dusty and Shawn Mays. (Shawn and Arleen are recent additions to the family. Well, Arlene was voted in, but Shawn is in somewhat of a probation period as he’s a Cub fan and can’t kick the habit.)

Which brings us to tonight. The first pitch is less than an hour away! Is anyone else suiting up?

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Tim - I just really value us in the way that we let Dusty and your Dad win their nine. I mean, what else were we supposed to do? I know that it was good for Dusty to feel like a good golfer. As for the Cubs thing.....I am faithful to the end!!! For the Cubs that will most likely occur in the next 4 weeks and then we start our yearly chant....we'll get 'em next year!

I loved getting to see you my brother, I just wish that the rest of your family could have been there. Take care.

Shawn

Anonymous said...

Timmy Ty! Glad to see you back in blogland. You are one-of-a-kind & it was good to get to hug you. THANK YOU so much for organizing breakfast at IHOP w/the Thorntons (and for showing up!). It was a real treat to catch up on the past and dream for the future.

Later tater

Terry Rush said...

Tim,

It might be best we cool the "Cub-trash" 'til we get a win under our belt ourselves! Once we have more wins than the Cubs....GO FOR IT!!!

The Harris Family said...

I am still feeling so blessed from our Tulsa weekend...glad to hear you made it back home safe and sound. I talked to KLC a couple of days ago and she gave me the low down on what all she did with Kim, they had a bunch of fun! Can't wait until we can come down for a visit. Love you Rush Family, you are in my prayers...
Michelle

The Harris Family said...

So it's been a while... since you posted... What's new in your world?

J