4.30.2007

What you might have missed.

Does anyone know what Adolph Hitler, Colin Powell, Jessica Lange, Luthor Vandross, Don Mattingly, Carmen Electra and Joey Lawrence all have in common? If you said they were all born on April 20th, you win the prize. (Angie, tell them what they’ve won!) Whoa! (Said with my best Joey from Blossom voice.)

It seems that April is a busy month for birthdays. Also celebrating were Jed Clampet, Axel Foley, the 6 Million Dollar Man (Or was it just one million?) and Superman’s dad (Marlon Brando). You have to wonder what the party would be like if Chuck Connors, Jackie Chann and Steven Seagal celebrated together. I’m pretty sure I’d rather go to the party for Jay Leno, David Letterman, Conan O’Brian and Jerry Seinfeld.

Lew Alcinder could come too. (Real name anyone?) Peter Rose probably wouldn’t get voted in and no one would know where to send Saddam Hussein’s invitation. Perhaps we could get Barbara Streisand to perform, though I hear she’s shy.

Even Shirley MacLaine celebrates one of her birthdays in April!

And after all that partying, surely someone would end up in the Betty Ford (also April) Center.

Also celebrating would be Kris Smith and Greg True; both April 1st babies. (You have to watch out for anyone born on the first.

Jeff Gearhart’s birthday was in April. Jeff, can you believe Herbie, not John, Hanckock’s birthday is on the 12th!

Paul Miller celebrates in April and boy is he getting old!

Anna and Campbell (a.k.a. Campbell-bell) Chapel were born in April.

And on April 15th, when everyone else is celebrating the paying of taxes, we in the Rush house party in honor of Kim who just turned 30! (She’ll always be 29 to me.)

Imagine all the stories Tom Clancy (also an April baby) could tell.

11 comments:

The Gearharts said...

Wow that was an impressive array of birthdays and quite an amazing arrangement! Thank you for putting me in the list and although dead... there is another famous person who shares not only the month of April but my birthday as well the 23rd.... guesses anyone... Angie might give you something... Anyone... Bueller... anyone... Hint (he is a writer).

BTW Happy 29th to the lovely Kim.

When is your birthday Tim?

Jeff G.

Jessica L. Johnson said...

Hey, say Happy Birthday from the Johnson crew! We are really looking forward to this weekend!!!!!!

Jessica

Kristi said...

30? Never! It didn't even dawn on me that this was a big one. Surely your like...23, so young and spry!
Happy Birthday Kim,
Kristi

tim rush said...

Jeff, I do not know of a famous writer... but I know Shirley Temple was born on the 23rd. You can't beat that.

Jess, we can't wait!

Kristi, you're 29 too, right?

The Gearharts said...

Ok.. the answer is .... (tension building).. yeah right!.... William Shakespeare. He was "christened" on April 26th and based on the fact that the event normally took place 3 days after birth... they (the official they) guess that his birthday was April 23rd. His exact birthday cannot be confirmed... interesting enough, he also died on April 23rd... several years later of course!

Jeff G (aspiring to be Ben Stein)... born Nov. 25th

Unknown said...

very very clever!! My sister's twins were born on April 1st. No foolin"!! Great post...fun to read!

Cheesetown said...

Max just celebrated his 1st on the 24th...wow that year went fast!

tim rush said...

Happy birthday Max! I'm guessing that if it was a fast year, it was a good year. Does cheese age well?

Birthdays I've missed... Abigail Burns who turned 3. She is the daughter of Cory and Toni and I'm pretty sure that I'm her favorite person.

Also, Abby's wee cousin, Elizabeth Thornton (daughter of Jeremy and Jessica) turned one in April. I can't believe she's a year old and I've not seen her yet. (In person, I mean. Love the pictures.)

Eli Hooper, my brother-in-law, had a birthday in April. Let me say that it is quite intimidating marrying into a family where Eli is the first son-in-law.

And Aunt Pam turned 49, I'm guessing. Pam and Pete came down to visit us a few weeks ago and we had a blast.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Sorry for my messed up comment!

Happy Birthday Kim!!!

Add me to your April list:-)... The 24th is the only thing Shirley McClain and I have in common, though. :-)

Timbra said...

um . . clears her throat, on tax day THIS YEAR. . it was my birthday. and, i'm adding you to the 1000 blogs you should see before you die, list thats on my page. . . i pat your back you pat mine. . . friends!