9.23.2008

Missionary in Need

Since many of you who read this are involved in missions around the globe, I thought I’d share with you the need of a missionary that has been one of my heroes for the last 15 years.

Belinda Moore is a missionary in Lazaro Cardenas, Michoacan. Many factors have recently come together which have necessitated Belinda’s move back to the states. (Among other things, Belinda is the grandmother of Noah Henderson, the baby with Tay-Sachs I wrote about previously.)

Have you ever wondered how missionaries move back to the states? Churches and individuals are bombarded with requests from many great works. So which of them want to donate to a missionary coming home? …a bit of a quandary eh.

Still, Belinda will need to raise about $5,000 to move her home back to the states. And I just happen to know of a fun way you could help her out. Belinda is a great artist and is selling her work to help cover this cost.

So I want to encourage you to check out her blog (link below) to learn more about her. From her blog you can click on Shell Seeker Gallery to view some of her paintings.

When you hang your new painting all your friends will want to know where in the world you got it. “Why, Lazaro Cardanas, Mochoacan, of course”, you’ll reply. I happen to have a Belinda original, that’s been hanging in my living room for 10 years, of which I’m quite proud. So give it a look-see.


http://www.shellseeker1.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

La Pistolera said...

Thank you Tim... looks like the move is going to way over the 5000.00