11.20.2006

The Big Day

Well, today’s the big day. Before Christmas season officially begins, before the Thanksgiving turkey is put in the oven… Mary Rush turns X years old today! (Sorry, I don’t think it’s my place to say what X is. But I will say that 52 years ago, today, she was celebrating her 9th birthday.)

Proverbs 31:30 says, “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”

Mary Rush just happens to be a charming and beautiful woman who fears the Lord. So let her be praised!

Do you have a favorite Mary Rush story?

To be honest, I can’t think of ONE story that defines my mom. In my mind I see a quilted mix of memories involving kindness, peace and joy wrapped in a history of faith.


The picture of mom and the twins above was taken a couple of years ago. Since then, the twins have gotten bigger. I think mom has actually gotten smaller.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't name a story because it wouldn't even begin to describe how amazing she is. She just is. That's all. Really, really amazing. I wish I was more like her and knew God as well as she does.
(P.S. Hi, Arlene! We miss you!)

tim rush said...

Arlene, we always hated mom's trips to Bixby. We hated shucking that stuff. Now I'd kill for some fresh sweet corn. We got really spoiled living in Amherst, Tx. One farmer would bring it by the ton and leave it on our doorstep. ...Oh Ronnie Shroeder where art thou?

Hey Wendo, How many more sleeps till Tulsa?