11.28.2006

Thanksgiving Retreat

What a fun retreat to the mountains. We bunked with the Gearhart family and the cabin was a rock’n. They have 3 very cute and well-behaved children. But combined with our 3, there was never a low decibel level. Hopefully I’ll have some photos soon to share.

Kent and Karen Smith came down from ACU and shared with us what God is teaching them. Each session was a great encouragement. I think Kim cried during 2 of the 3 classes.

Besides our team from Guadalajara there were those from Tlalpan in Mexico City, a couple from Cuernavaca and the Gearharts from Lazaro Cardanas, two families from Leon, a family from Morelia and AIMers from Mexico City, Toluca and Leon. I think I’m missing some, but the place was packed.

I was especially excited to see Benjy and Chris. Lots of fun conversations and some good food too. And we even got to see the second half of the Cowboy game. How great was that! We didn't get to play football on Turkey Day and had to settle for friday. (Don't want to brag, but the missionaries beat the AIMers. ...we couldn't have done it without Elaine's killer blocks or Morgan's blazing speed.)

It’s never the same being away from family for any holiday, but God provided a bit of extended family. And we are so grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet that cabin was rockin'! Totally brought up a (repressed) memory for me... I was remembering when I used to drive that ol' blue van & I would haul Pioneer Park kids to church on Sundays. I remember Joe Pruett helping out & remarking about all those kids... "If this van's a rockin', don't bother knockin'!" That was the first time I had ever heard that! And those kids were so funny. We would sing "Put a little love in your heart" (the Straight Company version) at the top of our lungs! It was like ghetto joy bus or something!

I'm so glad you were all able to be together and that God was stirring things in your hearts. That adds a dimension with which good food and football can't compare.

So much to be thankful for...